Monday, December 31, 2018

Tibetan Panel Coat

This past week, I finally made a Tibetan panel coat from a Folkwear pattern that I purchased many years ago. I used heavy cotton and linen blends which gave it structure and body.  The shoulders are a Charley Harper print.  I also made the coat reversible which greatly increased the usability but also increased the complexity.  I purposely chose a completely different color scheme for the reverse side so that it would feel really new and different from the panel side.   All of the facings on the reverse side had to be hand-sewn so that the stitching wouldn't be seen on the other side of the coat.   I think it took me about 10 - 15 hrs to do that.   Not sure I would do that again.   The pattern called for 3 different fabrics for the panel side and 2 for the reverse side.   I think I would like to see how this coat would look if I used multiple fabrics in the panels.  Maybe I could use some of the "scraps" I have in my stash...hmmm.  Let me know what you think.   

I love the way the shoulders are extended beyond the shoulder line.  I think it helps to balance the fullness of the hem line and bring the eye back to the face.   

You might also notice that I now have a mannequin for my photos.   I think she will bring some "life" into my photos....poor girl needs some hair, though.  I'll have to work on that.  Hope you enjoy the coat.  




   

No comments:

Post a Comment