Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Collage Jacket


I've just completed my second project which is a fabric collage jacket. I purchased the fabric years ago and even cut out the images. I just never found the time to complete the project. The American Sewing Guild group to which I belong challenged us to complete one UFO (unfinished Object) by our April meeting. That challenge inspired me to finishe the jacket. I have never done anything like this before so I was rather intimidated by the whole process. Once I had all my images laid out on the jacket I used free
motion stitching to attach and embellish them to give them a more three-dimensional look. It is ragged edge applique so it adds just that "artsy" look that I love. I can see so many possibilities of this art form and am looking forward to incorporating this technique in my art to wear garments for the 2012 November Show and Sale.

1 comment: