Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Art to Wear Duster
Wow...have I been learning a lot while making my last art to wear project. I love dusters (super long sweaters) so I decided to make one from recycled sweaters. It took 3 sweaters and a lot of hair pulling but I finally finished late yesterday. I thought it would take 2 days but it had a life of it's own and it took 4 days. Even Ken got involved in the critique!! The collar "texturizing" was a last minute addition. It used to be flat and came out onto the sleeve cap. Every time I tried it on the collar just seemed over whelming. Couldn't really trim it off so I started taking tucks...I love the way it turned out. That's an example of a "make it work" moment!!