Sunday, April 15, 2018

Time to create a costume for another sculpture

In April 2017 at AFICC, I took a paper clay sculpting class with Kathryn Wamsley.  It was a full body sculpt and we could sculpt anything we wanted to try.   I wanted to do a figure for which I could create an interesting costume.   I wanted it to have an unusual pose.   I've been working on it off and on throughout the past year and am now down to the place that I can design a costume for the figure. 
The head and hands are not yet attached so that it will be easier to put the costume on the figure.   So here are pictures of the figure.   Now to get out the sketch pad and start designing....


 


2 comments:

  1. Excellent face. I can't wait to see how you costume your figure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ann, concept nearly ready...now to execute. One of the challenges is to design something that looks beautiful on a stationary figure.

      Delete