Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Fabrics selected for new sculpture

I've been busy working on a costume design concept and selecting fabrics and embellishments for my new sculpture.   I've selected some silk fabrics that I think will work well with the design concept.  I wanted to create a costume that was more sculptural and less drapey.   Now, it's time to create the pattern.   The costume has to be constructed from the inside layer to outside layer.   Because a clay sculpt doesn't bend there are challenges on how to get the costume on the doll and still retain the design concept.    Here's a picture of the fabrics and embellishments that are my starting point.   As any artist knows, as you get into the process, things are added and deleted, but here is my starting point. 

1 comment:

  1. awesome.
    have a great day.

    https://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/fishing-of-fresh-water-fish-of-usa.html

    ReplyDelete