Thursday, January 30, 2014

Meet Ma Petit Cheri

I spent  last weekend at Threads and Beds Retreat Center with some dolly friends.   We were delighted to have Barbara Schoenoff there to teach us her new doll pattern: January Girl.   She is a cloth doll that has painted and varnished arms, legs and head so that she resembles a miniature vintage resin boudoir doll.   Everyone chose different fabrics so every new painted lady has a different personality.   I chose a bright happy pink and fuchsia print that has some yellow accents.  I couldn't find any lace to match so I dyed some when I got back home.   I used yellow and pink tulle layered together to use as additional trim.   She is complete with lacy petticoat and pantaloons.  I used braided jute for her hair and hat.  Both are painted and varnished.  Her sleeve caps are adorned with a piece of the skirt fabric that has been "fussy cut" then trimmed with beads.   Her bodice is also trimmed with beads.  She is such a little darling and looks oh so French that  I named her Ma Petit Cheri  (translated: My Little Darling)  
Enjoy!!

Ma Petit Cheri Full View

Ma Petit Cheri Mid Range View

Pantaloons

Petticoat Detail

Delicate Shoes



















No comments:

Post a Comment