Friday, August 12, 2011

Sculpting class heads




Well, after 4 weeks I have completed the on-line sculpting heads class. It has been a great experience since I could fit it in between caring for my sister as she recuperates from knee replacement surgery and getting inventory ready for Wamm Fest. I am satisfied with my first attempts but have lots of room to improve. I used Super Sculpey which tends to have more surface issues when baked than Pro Sculpt. Some of the class attendees say that Living Doll is the same as Pro Sculpt so I'll try that next. I struggled with the paint....it wanted to dry too fast to blend well. I've since learned that there is a "retarder" which I can add which will slow down the drying time. I am anxious to design 3 dolls around these sculpts. Hopefully, I'll get at least one done for the November show and sale.

1 comment:

  1. These doll faces are just great! My favorite is the one in the pink.

    ReplyDelete