Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Clay sculpting class update



We've had our first week of work in the on-line sculpting class. We are using super sculpey to make the faces. Our first lesson was to make 3 heads and make the eyes only. It was suggested that we try to make the eyes different in each head. My eyes are Caucasian, Asian and one where she is looking up and to her left. I am enjoying this new medium a lot. If you make a mistake all you do is blend it in or cut it out and start again. I have never tried to sculpt before so with each head I learn a little more about how to use the tools and the medium. They are really bumpy now but our instructor tells us that we will "magically" smooth all those bumps away later. This week we will be adding the rest of the facial features. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment