Friday, March 20, 2020

A New Year and New Adventures in Textiles

For most of us, including me, the beginning of a new year is time for reflection and a time to set goals for the new year.  This year I want to explore new fiber and textile techniques and art forms.   I'm not sure where this journey will take me but I'm sure that I will enjoy the challenge and adventure.   I have to confess that before I retired I collected books, tools, fibers and fabric so that I would be ready to pursue my love of textile art.   So I have a lot of information at hand to explore new techniques.  One of the first techniques that I explored was to use my punch needle to create an art piece.   The first piece was small so that I could get the feel of it.   I plan to use this little sun face on a garment or bag of some kind.     The second piece combined punch needle and wool felt applique.   Although I thoroughly enjoyed this art form, I don't have a lot of wool felt and/or floss or thread for punch needle so my projects using this form will be limited.   Unless I manage to shrink my current stock of fabric; I won't have room to build up stock for this art form.   However, I won't say never.



Punch Needle Sun Face
Punch needle detail

Wool Felt and Punch Needle 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment