Monday, April 29, 2019

Unusual Lantern pants

I made this Marci Tilton skirt last year from Vogue pattern V9060 and loved the shape.   I thought that the shape would also look good as pants so this year I decided to give it a try.  I took my standard pants pattern to get the waist, hip and crotch depth and then free-handed the design from there.  I drew the shape on pattern and decided on how the pattern pieces would look then I created the pattern and test the pattern in muslin.  When I was satisfied with the fit and shape I cut it out of some striped fabric that I had in my stash.   I believe the fabric is a cotton/linen blend and has a texture like something we used to call "shagbark".    I really love the result, but now I have to design the perfect top to go with it.  Have some ideas so I'll work on them this week...stay tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment