Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Reversible Swing Jacket for Fall


I've just completed a swing jacket for fall.   I used a pattern that I purchased at the ASG Expo this year but I modified the lapel.   I wanted a slimmer lapel with a little interest.   The fabric is home dec fabric that I purchased some years ago from Baer's Fabric Store in Louisville before they closed.   So I've had a few years.   Our ASG neighborhood group challenge this year was to use a  home dec fabric for something that was not home dec so.....voila!!    The style is so figure flattering for many shapes and it also fits many sizes.   I love the fact that it is reversible.   To hide the seams I made a mock flat felled seam and couched yarn over the stitch lines.   The multicolor side is loosely woven so the couching doesn't show on that side.   I also mad a pin for the lapel.  



No comments:

Post a Comment